This soup is perfect for the chilly February weather. It's also a great way to get your kids to eat kale! Try using fun pasta like stelline or alphabet shapes to charm everyone at the table into trying this satisfying dinner.
Turkey, Bean, and Kale Soup
- ½ lb ground turkey
- 1 onion (small, diced)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp ground chili powder
- 4 cups water
- 3 cups chicken broth (low sodium)
- ½ cup pasta
- 1 can black eye-peas or navy beans (drained)
- 4 cups kale (chopped, packed)
- 2 Tbsp lime juice (optional)
Try using our Ground Turkey Meat Box or the onions and kale available in this month's Produce Bag for this recipe!
- Cook the ground turkey in a large pot over medium, using a wooden spoon to break up the meat until no pink remains (this should take four to five minutes). Stir in the onion, garlic, tomato paste, and chili powder. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion starts to soften (two to three minutes).
- Add water, broth, and pasta. Bring it to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is almost tender. Stir in the beans and kale. Gently boil the soup until kale wilts (two to three more minutes). Remove from the heat and enjoy!
- Stir in lime juice before serving, if desired.
Makes six servings.
Photo creds and recipe inspiration from Roberto Caruso and Chatelaine Kitchen!